So, here's what I'm hearing at my house. “Mom, I'm bored! The only fun thing to do is play on my electronics!” Are you hearing that too?
I searched through my blog posts looking for activities that kids could do while they're still out of school for the holidays. These boredom buster games and activities aren't just for Cub Scouts–they'll keep all the kids busy. Of course, your Cub Scout can earn credit for requirements and electives for completing them.
10 Boredom Buster Games & Activities
1. It's not too late to do a few Holiday Good Turns.
2. Have your child learn about internet safety in a fun way and earn his Cyber Chip.
3. Make a catapult and have a marshmallow battle.
4. Construct a dome or a bridge out of gumdrops.
5. Make a soda bottle terrarium.
6. Build a tee pee or wigwam, make a vest, create a game or construct a drum with these Native American ideas.
7. Make armpit fudge. It sounds gross, and that's why it appeals to so many Cub Scouts! 🙂
8. Create a kazoo out of pvc pipe.
9. Start working on your Pinewood Derby car.
I hope these help the “I'm bored!” blues! Let me know which ones you like by leaving a comment below!
Yours in Scouting,
P.S. Sign up below for all the latest Cub Scout activities!