Are you looking for a Cub Scout flag ceremony that will be easy for Scouts to remember? Check out this Five Finger Flag Ceremony–perfect for Cub Scouts!
Finding a Cub Scout flag ceremony that the Scouts can remember was hard. They often couldn't remember the steps. In fact, some of us adults couldn't remember all of them either! Luckily, I found an easy Cub Scout flag ceremony!
It's called the 5 Finger Flag Ceremony. The Scouts only have to remember five steps to lead
For your convenience, I created a document with all the steps. You can download it below.
Easy Cub Scout Flag Ceremony
- Start with your thumb. Tell the Scouts to hold their thumb up and pretend they're gesturing for someone to stand up. They'll say, “Color Guard, Attention! Will the audience please rise?”
- Next, they hold out their pointer finger. They can use the “come here” motion by curling their finger toward themselves. The words are, “Color Guard, advance! Scout salute!”
- When the Color Guard reaches the front of the room, the Cub Scouts will hold out their middle finger to join their pointer finger to make the Scout Salute. The middle finger is the outside finger of the salute. They'll say, “Please join me in the Pledge of Allegiance. I pledge Allegiance…”
- After the Pledge, the leader will use his or her ring finger to remember how the flagpole needs to go into the “ring” on the flag stand. The ceremony leader will say, “Color Guard, post the colors!” After they're posted, he'll say, “Two.”
- The last finger, the pinkie, can be thought of as the baby finger. The baby finger is tired and wants to sit down. So, the Scout will say, “You may be seated.”
And that's it! A complete and easy Cub Scout flag ceremony!
Enter your email in this box to get your free printable!
You can find more detailed information about Cub Scout flag ceremonies in this post.
Cub Scout Adventures with Flag Ceremony Requirements
Both Wolf and Arrow of Light Cub Scouts have adventures that involve a Cub Scout flag ceremony.
What ideas have you used to help teach your Cub Scouts how to conduct a flag ceremony?
Yours in Scouting,
P.S. This Cub Scout flag ceremony could be used if you are doing a ceremony as a service project like we do for our school.