Need funny Cub Scout jokes for your den or pack meeting? Check out more 25+ hilarious jokes that are kid-friendly & Scout appropriate!
Is humor in the form of Cub Scout jokes a part of your den or pack meetings? If not, you and your other scout leaders might want to think about incorporating it.
Humor has so many benefits for us as humans. We've all heard that “laughter is the best medicine.” It's hard to be stressed or angry when you're laughing!
And the benefits for kids are even greater. This PBS article outlines some of these such as higher intelligence and creativity test scores, improved language and literacy skills, and increased ability to diffuse conflict and make friends more easily.
Telling Cub Scout jokes and riddles in front of the members of your den or pack gives scouts public speaking experience. Because public speaking is one of the top fears for many people, this experience can help lessen that fear. Public speaking is very important for your kids to pick up on to boost their confidence, develop leadership skills, and to improve their communication!
There are also some great reasons why having Cub Scout jokes and riddles at a pack meeting is important for the scouts.
However, all of this doesn't mean much to a third grade Cub Scout. The scouts just think they're funny!
My son thought this joke was hilarious.
Kevin: What's worse than raining cats and dogs?
Devin: I have no clue.
Kevin: Hailing taxis.
We've compiled a list of jokes your scouts are sure to love! Check out these categories.
- Knock Knock Joke
- Scouting-Related Jokes
- “Dad” Jokes
- School Jokes
- More Jokes Your Cub Scout Will Love
Knock Knock Jokes for Cub Scouts
Here is a list of good knock-knock jokes:
Cows go who?
No! Cows go moo!
Theodore is stuck and it won't open!
Why are you crying?
Owls say who?
Yes, they do!
Now here are some silly scouting-related jokes!
Why are socks just like scouts?
Because they always come pre-paired!
Why do scouts always get coal from Santa?
Because they're always on the knotty list!
How can you tell when a scout has the Cooking Merit Badge?
They make great use of their thyme!
What did the quarterback say to the scout?
Funny “Dad” Jokes
Next up, everybody loves some good dad jokes, here are a couple for you to use:
What do you a man with a rubber toe?
What do you call a bear that is missing his ears?
What do you call a cold dog?
A chili dog!
What is the name of a witch that lives in the desert?
What kind of music scares balloons?
What did the baby corn say to the mama corn?
Here are some school jokes as well!
Why was the broom late for school?
Why is the math textbook so sad?
It had a ton of problems!
Why did the nose not want to go to school?
He was tired of getting picked on!
What object is king of the classroom?
What time would it be if Godzilla came to school?
Time to run!
What do elves learn in school?
Other Jokes Your Cub Scouts Will Love
Here are some other funny cub scout jokes for your pack or den to use
Why can't a leopard hide?
He's always spotted.
What time is it when the clock strikes 13?
I don't know
Time to get a new clock.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. One of them looks to the other and says, “Phew, it's getting hot in here!”
The other looks back and says, “Ack! A talking muffin!”
Why can't Monday lift Saturday?
Because Monday is a weak day.
What should we call an American Bee?
What do you call cheese that isn't yours?
Sources of More Cub Scout Jokes
If you're looking for sources of jokes for the Cub Scouts, here's a helpful list.
Note: When you're looking online for jokes, you'll find some of them are not appropriate for Cub Scouting–even if they're on a site that writes about Scouts BSA and Cub Scouts. Be cautious of this when you're picking out ones for your pack or den.
- Scout Life Magazine – Every month, Scout Life publishes a sections of Cub Scout jokes. I talked to one Cubmaster who told his pack that anyone who came prepared with a joke from Scout Life would get to share the joke. This accomplished 2 things in his mind. The Scouts would be sharing appropriate jokes, and they would be reading Scout Life every month.
- Scout Life Online – Don't have your copy of Scout Life handy? Just click on over to the Think & Grin page of Scout Life online. It has hundreds, if not thousands of jokes.
- Boy Scout Trail – This website has some unique ways to search for jokes. You can look for funny, gross or silly jokes. It also allows you to search for jokes by rank, so you can find the ones that are perfect for the age group of your Cub Scouts.
- Scout Jokes Book – Written by a 25 year veteran Scouter, this book is perfect for Cub Scout jokes! Our pack purchased it and several other books by the same author, and they are great resources.
- The BIG Book of Campfire Jokes and Riddles – If you only want to purchase one joke book to take on your campout, this one is it! There's over 500 camping-related jokes and riddles to share with your Cub Scouts!
Inevitably, the joke book is at home when I need it at the pack meeting. That's why I'm glad I have the Kindle reader app on my phone. It's a FREE app that stores any Kindle books I may have purchased such as these joke books, handbooks or leader guides. I just pull up the app, and there they are!