Use this fun germ magnet game to teach kids the importance of washing their hands. Perfect for the Wolf Cub Scout adventure, Germs Alive.
a Wolf Elective Adventure
The Wolf Den Leader guide says, “This adventure teaches Wolf Scouts about the importance of keeping a clean room, proper hand washing, and covering their sneezes–through fun, hands-on (and gross!) science experiments.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete at least five of the following Requirements
- Wash your hands while singing the “germ song.”
- Play Germ Magnet with your den or your family. Wash your hands afterward.
- Conduct the sneeze demonstration.
- Conduct the mucus demonstration with your den or family.
- Grow a mold culture. At a den or pack meeting, show what formed.
- Make a clean room chart, and do your chores for at least one week.
The Wolf adventure, Germs Alive! has an error in the handbook. The fake mucus recipe has incorrect amounts for the ingredients. Find the correct one here.