One of our lunchtime activities at Cub Scout day camp this summer was learning how to build an edible campfire. We were able to teach campfire safety via this craft edible campfire.
I estimated the amounts of each of the supplies, so I hope this helps you as you’re planning.
Edible Campfire Supplies:
- Paper plate – 1 per boy
- Small paper cup – 1 per boy
- Plastic fork – 1 per boy
- Mini Marshmallows – 10 per boy
- Cheerios – 20 per boy
- Large pretzel log – 1 per boy
- Chow mein noodles – 1 teaspoon per boy
- Thin pretzel sticks – 4 or 5 per boy
- Candy corn – 6 per boy
- Red hots – 5 per boy
- Create a fire ring with mini marshmallows and Cheerios.
- Break your pretzel log into 3 pieces and use them to make a “V” or “A” shape.
- Make a small pile of chow mein noodle tinder in the corner of the “V” or “A.”
- Light the tinder with some red hots sparks.
- Add pretzel sticks kindling.
- Add the candy corn flames.
And there you have it! An edible campfire!
Yours in Scouting,
P.S. If this activity was fun for your Cub Scouts, sign up below for more cool ideas!