Check out the fun summer activities for kids ebook, and learn how they can count toward Cub Scout advancement.
As of May 31, 2022, this adventure has been retired. The information about the adventure will remain here reference only.
Tiger Theater, a Tiger Elective Adventure
The Tiger Den Leader guide says, “Children love to pretend. They start at a young age by imitating what is around them. By the time they reach school age, they are ready for the next step: creating their own adventures to share. Theater provides an avenue to learn about public presentations and builds confidence in public speaking. Encouraging Tigers to perform helps them to become strong speakers and leaders, both in Scouting and in their daily lives.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete at least four of the following requirements.
- With your den, discuss the following types of theater: puppet shows, reader’s theater, and pantomime.
- As a den, play a game of one-word charades.
- Make a puppet to show your den or to display at a pack meeting.
- Perform a simple reader’s theater. Make a mask afterward to show what your character looks like.
- Watch a play or attend a story time at a library.