There are several benefits to buying your child’s next Cub Scout handbook or manual in the summer. Keep ’em busy and complete some requirements at the same time!
Spirit of the Water,
a Wolf Elective Adventure
The Wolf Den Leader Guide says, “Water, water everywhere–water to drink, water to cook our food, water to clean our bodies and our teeth, and water to play in! In this adventure, Wolf Scouts will learn how to conserve water and keep it clean in their homes and neighborhoods. Then they’ll have a chance to swim together, having fun and practicing aquatics safety.”
Below you’ll find the requirements for the adventure as well as links to posts that can help you as you and your Cub Scouts complete the Spirit of the Water adventure.
Complete the following Requirements.
- Discuss how the water in your community can become polluted.
- Explain one way that you can help conserve water in your home.
- Explain to your den leader why swimming is good exercise.
- Explain the safety rules that you need to follow before participating in swimming or boating.
- Visit a local pool or public swimming area with your family or Wolf den. With qualified supervision, jump into water that is at least chest-high, and swim 25 feet or more.