a Webelos Required Adventure
The Webelos Den Leader guide says, "This adventure prepares Webelos Scouts for an outdoor experience and hiking activity."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1-4 and at least one other.
- Plan a hike or outdoor activity.
- Assemble a first aid kit suitable for your hike or activity.
- Recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids from memory. Talk about how you can demonstrate them on your Webelos adventures.
- With your Webelos den or with a family member, hike 3 miles. Before your hike, plan and prepare a nutritious lunch or snack. Enjoy it on your hike, and clean up afterward.
- Describe and identify from photos any poisonous plants and dangerous animals and insects you might encounter on your hike or activity.
- Perform one of the following leadership roles during your hike: trail leader, first aid leader, or lunch or snack leader.