Hiking games can make any hike more fun for Cub Scouts or for any kids! Check out these eight ideas that are sure to be hits on your next hike.
a Webelos Required Adventure
The Webelos Den Leader guide says, “This adventure prepares Webelos Scouts for an outdoor experience and hiking activity.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1-4 and at least one other.
- Plan a hike or outdoor activity.
- Assemble a first aid kit suitable for your hike or activity.
- Recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids from memory. Talk about how you can demonstrate them on your Webelos adventures.
- With your Webelos den or with a family member, hike 3 miles. Before your hike, plan and prepare a nutritious lunch or snack. Enjoy it on your hike, and clean up afterward.
- Describe and identify from photos any poisonous plants and dangerous animals and insects you might encounter on your hike or activity.
- Perform one of the following leadership roles during your hike: trail leader, first aid leader, or lunch or snack leader.
This fun Cub Scout Outdoor Code printable puzzle is a great way to introduce the Code to younger Scouts and helps the older Scouts memorize it.
Taking your Cub Scout pack hiking? Check out these resources to help you complete specific hiking requirements for multiple Cub Scout ranks.
The Cub Scout Six Essentials are the tools that our boys need for hiking and other outdoor activities. Do you know what’s included? Find out by reading up on the 6 essentials.
These cool printable Cub Scout cards are great for helping your Scouts learn the Scout Oath & Law, the Cub Scout Motto, and more.
Cub Scout community service projects should be hands-on.
Learning about nutrition can be boring, but not when you have some cool Cub Scout nutrition activities & games!
Cub Scout hiking games are a fun way to get the kids outside. The games encourage them to explore their surroundings while they’re hiking.
Third in a six part series, this article details all of the Cub Scout requirements and electives that going for a hike will satisfy.