Tiger: Safe and Smart,
a Tiger Elective Adventure
The Tiger Den Leader guide says, "In this adventure, Tigers will learnt hat a safe child is one who is aware of his or her surroundings and knows how to respond to danger."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete 1–8. Requirement 9 is optional.
- Memorize your address, and say it to your den leader or parent/guardian/other caring adult.
- Memorize an emergency contact’s phone number, and say it to your parent, guardian, or den leader.
- Take the 911 safety quiz.
- Show you can “Stop, Drop, and Roll.”
- Show you know how to safely roll someone else in a blanket to put out a fire.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, make a fire escape map of your home and explain it to family members and your den.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, try a practice fire drill at home.
- Find the smoke detectors in your home. With the help of your parent/guardian or other caring adult, check the batteries.
- Visit an emergency responder station, or have an emergency responder visit you.