The Wolf Cub Scout adventure, Running with the Pack, focuses on physical fitness with a dash of healthy eating. This fun dice activity combines a craft and a game to help make the adventure more exciting for the Scouts.
Running with the Pack,
a Wolf Required Adventure
The Wolf Den Leader guide says, “This adventure will promote physical fitness and good health through games and other fun activities.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete each of the following Requirements.
- Play catch with someone in your den or family who is standing 5 steps away from you. Play until you can throw and catch successfully at this distance. Take a step back and see if you can improve your throwing and catching skills.
- Practice balancing as you walk forward, backward, and sideways.
- Practice flexibility and balance by doing a front roll, a back roll, and a frog stand.
- Play a sport or game with your den or family, and show good sportsmanship.
- Do at least two of the following: frog leap, inchworm walk, kangaroo hop, or crab walk.
- Demonstrate what it means to eat a balanced diet by helping to plan a healthy menu for a meal for your den or family. Make a shopping list of the food used to prepare the meal.
Need Cub Scout gathering activity and den game ideas? The Genius of Play website has them and also explains why play is important to a child’s development.
This paper plate shuffle game is an excellent team building activity for kids of all ages. Perfect for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, & Girl Scouts!