Make sure your Cub Scout knows all the bicycle safety rules by using these great printables. You’ll also find resources for planning your own bike rodeo.
a Tiger Elective Adventure
The Tiger Den Leader guide says, “In this adventure, Tigers will learn about their bicycles, safety gear, and how to keep safe and have fun while riding.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1 – 3 plus at least two others.
- With your den or parent/guardian or other caring adult, try on safety gear you should use while riding a bike. Show how to wear a bicycle helmet properly.
- With your den or parent/guardian/other caring adult, learn and demonstrate safety tips to follow when riding a bicycle.
- Learn and demonstrate proper hand signals.
- With your den or parent/guardian or other caring adult, do a safety check on a bicycle.
- With your den or family, go on a bicycle hike wearing your safety equipment. Follow the bicycling safety and traffic laws.
- With your den or parent/guardian/other caring adult, discuss two different types of bicycles and their uses.
- Learn about a famous bicycle race or famous cyclist. Share what you learn with your den.
- Visit your local or state police department to learn about bicycle riding laws.
- Identify two jobs that use bicycles and discuss how they are used.
Bikes and boys just go together. Take a bike ride with your son this summer, and he can get Cub Scout credit.