Paws on the Path,
a Wolf Required Adventure
The Wolf Den Leader guide says, "This adventure will encourage the development of hiking skills in Scouts."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1-5. Requirements 6 and 7 are optional.
- Show you are prepared to hike safely in any outdoor setting by putting together the Cub Scout Six Essentials to take along on your hike.
- Tell what the buddy system is and why we always use it in Cub Scouts. Describe what you should do if you get separated from your group while hiking.
- Choose the appropriate clothing to wear on your hike based on the expected weather.
- Before hiking, recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids with your leader. (This may be combined with Requirement 3 of The Call of the Wild Adventure.) After hiking, discuss how you showed respect for wildlife.
- Go on a 1-mile hike with your den or family. Find two interesting things that you’ve never seen before and discuss with your den or family.
- Name two birds, two insects, and/or two other animals that live in your area. Explain how you identified them.
- Draw a map of an area near where you live using common map symbols. Show which direction is north on your map