a Bear Elective Adventure
The Bear Den Leader guide says, "In this adventure, Bears will learn about a game that has entertained people since the time of ancient Egypt and has been an important part of Scouting since its early days. They will experience individual competition and teamwork, helping other, learning rules, and being a good sport."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete requirements 1-4. Requirement 5 is optional.
- Discuss with your family or den the history of marbles, such as where and when the game began. Talk about the different sizes of marbles and what they are made of and used for.
- Learn about three different marble games, and learn to play one of them. Learn how to keep score. Learn and follow the rules of the game. Play the game with your family, friends, or your den.
- Learn four or five words that are used when talking about marbles. Tell what each of the words means and how it relates to playing marbles. Share this information with your den.
- Complete one of the following:
A. With your den or family, make a marble obstacle course or marble golf course. Share what you create. Invite everyone to go through your course.
B. Create your own game using marbles, and design rules for playing the game. Share the game you created with your den, family, or friends. Explain the rules and how to play the game.
C. With your den or family, create a marble race track. Have at least two lanes so you can race your favorite marbles against each other.
D. Make a marble maze.
- With the help of an adult, make a marble bag to hold marbles.