Are your Webelos working on the First Responder adventure? Learn how to make a mini Cub Scout first aid kit with ideas for 3 different containers.
a Webelos Required Adventure
The Webelos Den Leader guide says, “This adventure will provide Webelos Scouts with an introduction to the skills and responsibilities of a first responder. Activities will cover essential personal safety and first-aid skills.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirement 1 and at least five others.
- Explain what first aid is. Tell what you should do after an accident.
- Show what to do for hurry cases of first aid: Serious bleeding, heart attack or sudden cardiac arrest, stopped breathing, stroke, poisoning
- Show how to help a choking victim.
- Show how to treat for shock.
- Demonstrate how to treat at least five of the following:
A. Cuts and scratches
B. Burns and scalds
D. Blisters on the hand or foot
E. Tick bites
F. Bites and stings of other insect
G. Venomous snakebites
- Put together a simple home first-aid kit. Explain what you included and how to use each item correctly.
- Create and practice an emergency readiness plan for your home or den meeting place.
- Visit with a first responder or health care professional.