a Bear Required Adventure
The Bear Den Leader guide says, "This adventure will introduce new Scouts to basic outdoor skills while helping more experienced Scouts improve and develop skills they learned in previous ranks."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1 – 4. Requirements 5 and 6 are options.
- While working on your Bear badge, attend one of the following:
A daytime or overnight campout with your pack or family
An outdoor activity with your den or pack
- Make a list of items you should take along on the activity selected in Requirement 1.
- Make a list of equipment that the group should bring along in addition to each Scout’s personal gear for the activity selected in Requirement 1.
- Help set up a tent. Determine a good spot for the tent, and explain to your den leader why you picked it.
- . Demonstrate how to tie two half hitches and explain what the hitch is used for.
- Learn how to read a thermometer and a barometer. Keep track of the temperature and barometric pressure readings and the actual weather at the same time every day for seven days.