Check out the fun summer activities for kids ebook, and learn how they can count toward Cub Scout advancement.
a Tiger Elective Adventure
The Tiger Den Leader guide says, “Our past is exciting and important for Scouts to understand. Tiger Tales offers a glimpse of songs, stories, and customs that have been passed down through families and groups of people about the history of America. Some stories are about real people such as Davy Crockett or Daniel Boone. Their stories tend to be exaggerated to make them seem bigger than life. Other times, stories are about fictional characters capable of amazing things that seem impossible. Either way, tall tales and folk songs offer the spirit of American life from our ancestors telling us about their happiness, fears, dreams, and the hopes they shared.”
Read on to discover this adventure’s requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete at least four of the following requirements.
- Create a tall tale with your den.
- Create your own tall tale. Share your tale with your den.
- Read a tall tale with your parent/guardian or other caring adult.
- Create a piece of art from a scene in the tall tale you have read, using your choice of materials. Share it with your den.
- Play a game from the past.
- Sing two folk songs.
- Visit a historical museum or landmark with your parent/guardian or other caring adult.