Duty to God in Action,
an Arrow of Light Required Adventure
The Webelos Den Leader guide says, "A Scout is reverent. He is revernt toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties and respects the convictions of others in matters of custom and religion."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others of your choice.
- Discuss with your parent, guardian, den leader, or other caring adult what it means to do your duty to God. Tell how you do your duty to God in your daily life.
- Under the direction of your parent, guardian, or religious or spiritual leader, do an act of service for someone in your family, neighborhood, or community. Talk about your service with your family. Tell your family how it related to doing your duty to God.
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith that is appropriate for your age, if you have not done so already.
- With your parent, guardian, or religious or spiritual leader, discuss and make a plan to do two things you think will help you better do your duty to God. Do these things for a month.
- Discuss with your family how the Scout Oath and Scout Law relate to your beliefs about duty to God.
- For at least a month, pray or reverently meditate each day as taught by your family or faith community.