Building a Better World,
an Arrow of Light Required Adventure
The Webelos Den Leader guide says, "The wide range of activities in this adventure will help Webelos Scouts become strong, participating citizens in their communities, their nation, and the world at large."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1-6.
- Explain the history of the United States flag. Show how to properly display the flag in public, and help lead a flag ceremony.
- Learn about and describe your rights and duties as a citizen, and explain what it means to be loyal to your country.
- Discuss in your Webelos den the term “rule of law,” and talk about how it applies to you in your everyday life.
- Meet with a government or community leader, and learn about his or her role in your community. Discuss with the leader an important issue facing your community.
- Show that you are an active leader by planning an activity for your den without your den leader’s help. Ask your den leader for approval first.
- Do at least one of these:
a. Learn about Scouting in another part of the world. With the help of your parent, guardian, or den leader, pick one country where Scouting exists, and research its Scouting program.
b. Set up an exhibit at a pack meeting to share information about the World Friendship Fund.
c. Under the supervision of your parent, guardian, or den leader, connect with a Scout in another country during an event such as Jamboree on the Air or Jamboree on the Internet or by other means.
d. Learn about energy use in your community and in other parts of the world.
e. Identify one energy problem in your community, and find out what has caused it.