Make a hero (sandwich) with your Cub Scouts! This activity works great for the Cub Scout elective adventures, Build My Own Hero and Hometown Heroes.
Build My Own Hero,
a Webelos and Arrow of Light Elective Adventure
“Through this adventure, Webelos Scouts will discover what being a ‘hero’ means to them as well as the community they live in. Boys will meet local heroes and learn about everyday heroism around the world. Each Scout will also imagine his own superheo and create a story of how that hero helps others,” according to the Webelos Den Leader guide.
Read on for this adventure’s requirements and some fun activities that will complete them.
Complete Requirements 1-3 plus at least one other.
- Discover what it means to be a hero. Invite a local hero to meet with your den.
- Describe how citizens can be heroes in their communities.
- Recognize a hero in your community by presenting him or her with a “My Hero Award”
- Learn about a real-life hero from another part of the world who has helped make the world a better place.
- Learn about a Scout hero.
- Create your own superhero.