I have to admit that when I first heard the phrase “armpit fudge,” I was pretty grossed out! But after reading the recipe, I knew that the boys in my den would LOVE this! It tastes great, and it’s fun to make. Throw in the gross factor, and you have a winning combination! [Read more…]
a Tiger Required Adventure
The Tiger Den Leader guide says, This adventure will introduce or reinforce healthy eating habits, including making the right food choices and practicing good hygiene. Activities will also focus on good manners at mealtime. In addition, the adventure will give each Tiger an opportunity to perform a useful service for his family."
Read on to discover this adventure's requirements and fun ways to complete them!
Complete Requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others.
- With your parent, guardian, other caring adult, or den, find out about good food choices and not-so-good choices. Identify three foods that you think would be good choices and three foods that would not be good choices.
- Explain the importance of hand washing before a meal and clean-up after a meal. Then show how you would do each.
- Show that you know the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, pick a job to help your family at mealtime. Do it for at least four meals.
- Talk with your parent, guardian, or other caring adult about what foods you can eat with your fingers. Practice your manners when eating them.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, plan and make a good snack choice or other nutritious food to share with your den.
February 15th is National Gumdrop Day. How fun is that?
Did you know that gumdrops can help Cub Scouts complete requirements or electives? Yep, they can! Whether the boys are making their own gumdrops or building with store-bought ones, they can mark off several activities!
Read on to find out how! [Read more…]